General services we undertake to create effective DFOs include:
SDS, shop in collaboration with our partners, page Economic Innovation International Inc. and First Infrastructure, help states and regions create development finance organizations (DFOs) to enhance their economic and community development efforts. Our team structures and develops DFOs that incorporate: “best practices” of existing authorities, environmental sustainability and the ability to utilize a broad “toolbox” of external economic and community development tools. Working closely with clients, we structure programs tailored to meet each region’s unique development and goals.
What are Development Finance Organizations (DFOs)?
DFOs are powerful, multi-purpose development banks that bring global long-term debt capital (via taxable and tax-exempt bonds) to high impact development projects/initiatives. When properly designed and operated, these institutions are not simply a pass-through for capital, but can help:
- Build/rebuild neighborhoods, cities and regions
- Redevelop abandoned military bases
- Reposition large industrial sites
- Conduct environmental cleanup
- Create world class research centers
- Build industrial and technology parks
- Develop in-fill, affordable and mixed-income housing and mixed-use facilities ( often in partnership with other public and private development capital funds)
- Incorporate environmental sustainability
The following are general services we undertake as steps in creating effective DFOs
Market and Regulatory Climate Assessment:
Operational Design of Bond Mechanism:
Development of Finance Mechanism