Careers & Internships
SDS currently has no full time positions open.
SDS offers internship positions for students who are passionate about learning and developing skills related to investment management and community and economic development. Interns work within our Investment Management, Community Development or SDS Advantage divisions based on their skills and preferences. SDS interns work on impactful projects while receiving training and developing skills that will help build future careers. Our program is designed to be mutually beneficial by giving young professionals meaningful work opportunities while adding value to our clients and company. Ms. La Franchi developed SDS’ program based on her own experience working in more than a half-dozen paid and unpaid internships and as a mentor. She strongly believes early career opportunities help create future fund managers and community and economic development leaders.
Intern projects may include:
Community Development Group:
- Assisting with collecting project impacts and conducting data entry
- Creating charts and graphs that depict project financing, quantitative savings due to environmental impacts, etc.
- Researching community and industry demographics
- Drafting narrative to provide detailed overview of projects that have received investment
- Assisting with client deliverables, such as reports, market assessments, grants, applications and presentations
- Researching strategies and exploring economic development tools (real estate development, energy incentives, etc.) to assist SDS’ fund building efforts
- Examining policies and best practices in economic development fields (bond authority, venture capital, etc.)
- Interviewing economic development officials, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, bankers and financial leaders
- Editing and drafting documents such as market assessment reports, grant applications and client presentations
SDS Advantage Division:
- Graduate student required
- Assisting with financial projections, accounting and asset management review for investment projects
- Helping set up investment closings
- Assisting with compliance and any other platform needs
Internships require a minimum three-month (90 day) commitment with 15-30 hours of work per week.
- Graduate or undergraduate students interested in economic or community development, finance, private equity, public policy, economics, business or accounting
- Exceptional research and writing abilities
- Financial analysis and Quickbooks knowledge a plus (for SDS Advantage positions)
- Efficient, organized and highly-motivated to work in a professional and dynamic environment
TBD based on position. We also encourage students to use their SDS work experience toward course credit.
Please e-mail resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample to Julia Elrick at firstname.lastname@example.org